Gazette Date: 26/07/2016 - Last Date: 31/08/2016
Applications are invited online only by `One Time Registration' from qualified candidates for selection as Range Forest Officer to fill the vacancies earmarked for Direct Recruitment from among candidates who possess a Degree in Science or Engineering. The selected candidates shall be required to undergo Range Forest Officer Course in any one of the Institution under the Director of Forestry Education, Government of India for a period as prescribed by the Government of India from time to time and one year practical training in the department. The selection will be subject to the decision of the Director of Forestry Education, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India in regard to the conduct of the Course. Candidates shall apply only through the online facility provided in the website of Kerala Public Service Commission viz, www.keralapsc.gov.in
1. Department : Kerala Forest Department
2. Name of Post : Range Forest Officer
3. Scale of Pay : ` 20,740-36,140 (PR)
4. No of Vacancies : 5 (Five)
(The above number of vacancies are provisional subject to change according to the allotment of seats by the Director of Forestry Education, Ministry of Forests & Environment, Government of India and due to arising of more vacancies).
Note: The Ranked List of candidates published by the Kerala Public Service Commission in pursuance of this notification shall cease to be in force after one month from the date of commencement of training (Forest Range Officers Course) or 3 months from the date of coming into force of the ranked list whichever is later.
5. Method of recruitment : Direct recruitment
6. Age limit 19-30; Candidates born between 02.01.1986 and 01.01.1997 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post with usual age relaxation to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities (for other conditions regarding age relaxation please see para 2 of Part II General Conditions). In the case of Ex-servicemen the maximum age limit will be 37 (thirty seven) years irrespective of caste.
Note: Preference will be given to Ex-servicemen within the framework of G.O. (Ms) No.70/73/PD
7. Qualifications: I Educational Qualifications:
Candidates must possess a Degree in Science or Engineering from a University, Institution or Deemed University recognized by Government of India or Government of Kerala with at least one of the following subjects:- Agriculture, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Application/Computer Science, Engineering (Agricultural/ Chemical/ Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical), Environmental Science, Forestry, Geology, Horticulture, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Veterinary Science, Zoology.
II Physical Qualification
(a) Minimum physical standards as prescribed below
(i) Height – 163 cms
(ii) Chest – 79 cms (normal)
Chest expansion: 5 cm
Height – 150 cms
Minimum height and chest measurement for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates shall be relaxed by 5 cm and 2.5 cm respectively. The minimum chest expansion of 5 cm shall however be applicable for them also.