Gazette Date: 26/07/2016 - Last Date: 31/08/2016
FIRST NCA NOTIFICATION
Applications are invited online only by One Time Registration system exclusively from qualified candidates belonging to reservation group of communities of Kerala State viz Muslim for NCA vacancy for selection to the under mentioned post.
1. Department : Jails
2. Name of post : Male Warder
3. Scale of pay : Rs.10,480– 18,300/- (PR)
4. Number of vacancies : Unit wise
Thiruvananthapuram Muslim-1(One) (This unit includes Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam,
Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha Districts)
Note: Differently abled candidates and women candidates are not eligible to apply for this post.
(i) Conventional type applications will be summarily rejected. Candidates shall apply only through online facility available at the Kerala Public Service Commission website viz www.keralapsc.gov.in.
(ii) Applications submitted by candidates belonging to the communities other than those notified will be summarily rejected. No rejection memo will be issued to these candidates.
(iii) Ranked list will be prepared for Thiruvananthapuram unit in pursuance of this notification. Ranked List thus prepared and published by the Commission shall remain in force until candidates are advised and appointed against the vacancies earmarked for the above community, but remain unfilled due to paucity of candidates during the currency of the
Ranked List published for the post in the following dates in the following unit as detailed below.
Name of Unit Ranked List Number and Date of publication of Ranked List Category No.
Thiruvananthapuram 53/14/DOT dated 03.02.2014 67/2011
(iv) The candidates should note the name of the concerned unit against the relevant column of the online application.
(v) The selection in pursuance of the notification will be made on a unit basis, subject to the special conditions laid down in G.O. (MS) No 92/80/Home dated, 24.09.1980. A candidate advised for appointment in one unit from the Ranked List prepared is not eligible for transfer to another unit unless he/she completes five years continuous service from the date of commencement of service in the former unit. Even if transfer is allowed after five years, it will be subject to the rules in G.O(MS)No.4/61/PD, dated 02.1.1961. Candidates already in Government service holding this post in any one unit are prohibited from applying again for this post, but they can apply to higher posts when notified.
(vi) The recruitment of Male Warder in the Jail Department is being done on unit wise, a candidates thus appointed in Thiruvananthapuram Unit is bound to serve in any of the institutions under the jurisdiction of Thiruvananthapuram unit which includes Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha Districts.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment (Only from candidates belonging to Muslim
6. Age : 18-39. Candidates born between 2.1.1977 and 1.1.1998 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post.
For concessions allowed in upper age limit, subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 years, please see para (2) of the General Conditions under Part II of this Notification .
(1) Pass in SSLC or its equivalent examination.
Rule 10 (a) (ii) of KS & SSR is applicable.
(2) Physical fitness as specified below:-
(a) Must have at least 165 cm height and
(b) Must be 81.3 cms round the chest on full exhalation and must have chest expansion of at least 5 cms.
(3) Other qualifications being equal, the Home guard Volunteers who have completed the term of 3 years in that organisation and who have undergone training during the period of tenure satisfactorily, will be treated as having additional or desirable qualification.
(4) Eye Sight:- Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses (Medical Certificate from a Medical Officer not below the Rank of an Assistant Surgeon/Junior Consultant should be produced when called for)
Right Eye Left Eye
(a) Distant Vision 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen
(b) Near Vision 0.5 Snellen 0.5 Snellen
(c) Each eye must have full field of vision, Colour blindness, squint or any other morbid condition of the eyes or lids or either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification
(5) Proficiency in Sports, Military Training and Membership in National Cadet Corps will be considered as additional qualification.
(6) Physical Efficiency Test :-
Candidates will be subjected to a Physical Efficiency Test and must qualify themselves in the following events namely
(1) 100 Meters Run : 14 seconds
(2) High Jump : 132.2 cm (4' 6”)
Long Jump : 457.2 cm (15')
(3) Rope Climbing
(by using hands only)
: 365.8 cm (12')