Gazette Date: 26/07/2016 - Last Date: 31/08/2016
Category No: 188/2016
Applications are invited online only by `One Time Registration' from qualified candidates for the post mentioned below. Candidates shall apply only through the online facility provided in the website of Kerala Public Service Commission viz, www.keralapsc.gov.in
1. Department : Excise
2. Name of Post : Excise Inspector (Trainee)
3. Scale of pay : Rs. 30700 – 65400
4. Number of vacancies : Not Estimated
The List of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification
shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalisation of Ranked List.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment from approved Probationers in any of the categories of Assistant Excise Inspector, Excise Preventive Officer, Civil Excise Officer/Women Civil Excise Officer. The principles of rules of reservation and rotation prescribed in rule 14 to 17 of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules 1957 will not apply for this post. The Candidates will be advised in Rank order against the turn set apart for this category along with open quota. 10% of the vacancies reported for the post of Excise Inspector (Direct Recruitment) will be filled from the Ranked List prepared in response to this notification. In the absence of sufficient number of suitable candidates in the Ranked List prepared in response to this notification, the above vacancies shall be filled up by candidates included in the Ranked List prepared for open quota.
6. Age Limit : Must not have completed 45 (Forty Five) years as on 01.01.2016. Candidates born on or after 02.01.1971 are eligible to apply for the post.
7. Qualifications :
1. Must possess B.A, B.Sc or B.Com Degree of any recognized University or its equivalent In the case of Ex-Servicemen the minimum qualification shall be SSLC. Note: (KS & SSR Part II rule 10 (a) ii is applicable.)
2. Physical Conditions- Must be physically fit for outdoor work and should possess the following minimum physical standards.
Height 165 cm
For SC/ST Candidates 160 cm
Chest Measurement (Normal) 81 cm
Chest Expansion 5 cm
Note: No relaxation will be allowed to SC/ST candidates in the matter of chest measurement.
Height 152 cm
For SC/ST Candidates 150 cm