Gazette Date: 26/07/2016 - Last Date: 31/08/2016
Category No: 201/2016
Applications are invited online only by 'One Time Registration' for selection to the under mentioned post. Candidates shall apply only through the official website of the Kerala Public
Service Commission. Before applying for this post candidates should register as per the One Time Registration through the official Website of kerala Public Service Commission.
1. Department : Port
2. Name of post : Assistant Crane Driver (Electrical)
3. Scale of pay : ` 17,000 – 37,500/-
4. Number of vacancies : District wise Kollam – 2 (Two) Kozhikode – 8 (Eight)
i Conventional type applications for the post will be summarily rejected. Candidates
shall apply only through online facility available at the Kerala Public Service
Commission website viz www.keralapsc.gov.in .
ii Separate Ranked lists will be prepared for the above districts in pursuance of this notification. The ranked lists thus prepared and published by the Commission shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year subject to the condition that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list, after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of 3 years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised for appointment against the aforesaid vacancies and also against the vacancies if any, reported during the currency of the list.
iii Applications should not be submitted to more than one District in response to this
notification. If applications are submitted contrary to the above direction and if he/she
is selected, his/her name will be removed from the Ranked List and disciplinary action
will be taken against him/her. Candidates should submit the application for this post to
the district concerned where the vacancy is existing and should note the name of the
district concerned against the relevant column of the online application.
iv The selection in pursuance of this notification will be made on a Revenue District basis,
subject to the special conditions laid down in G.O.(MS) No. 154/71/PD dated
27.05.1971. A candidate advised for appointment in one Revenue district from the
ranked list prepared is not eligible for transfer to another district unless he/she
completes 5 years continuous service from the date of commencement of service in the
former district. Even if transfer is allowed after 5 years, it will be subjected to the rules
in G.O.(MS)No. 4/61/PD dated, 02.01.1961. Candidates already in Government
service holding this post in any one district are prohibited from applying again for this
post, but they can apply to higher posts when notified.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment.
6. Age limit : 19-36 Years. Candidates born between 02.01.1980 and 01.01.1997 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. Other Backward Communities and SC/ST Candidates are eligible for usual relaxation. Note : For Concessions allowed in upper age limit, Subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 (fifty) years, please see para (2) of the General conditions under Part II of this notification.
7. Qualifications:- Practical experience for a period of not less than 6 months as a Fitter or Mechanic in a mechanical workshop. Preference will be given to those who possess a Boiler Attendant Certificate (Second class).