Gazette Date: 14/06/2016 - Last Date: 20/07/2016
SECOND N.C.A .NOTIFICATION
Applications are invited online only by “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” from qualified candidates belonging to Latin Catholic/Anglo Indian community in the State of Kerala for selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala Government service.
1. Department : Collegiate Education
2. Name of Post : Lecturer in Islamic History
3. Scale of pay : U.G.C Scale
4. Number of vacancies : Latin Catholic/Anglo Indian – 1 (One)
Note:-The above vacancy is now in existence. The Ranked list published as per this notification will be valid until candidates are advised and appointed against the vacancies earmarked to the above community but remains unfilled due to the paucity of candidates during the currency of the Ranked list published on 06.10.2009 for the post. This is the second NCA notification for the post owing to non availability of qualified candidates as per first NCA Notification (Gazette date: 31.12.2014, Category No. 712/14).
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment. (Only from candidates belonging to Latin Catholic / Anglo Indian Community).
NOTE: Applications of candidates belonging to communities other than those mentioned in this notification will be summarily rejected. Individual rejection memo will not be sent to them.
6. Age : 22 – 43. Only candidates born between 02.01.1973 and 01.01.1994 (both dates included) are eligible to apply. [For other conditions regarding age relaxations, please see Para 2 of the General conditions of the Gazette notifications, excluding
7 Qualifications : 1. Masters Degree in the concerned subject (Islamic History) with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent and good academic record . 2. Must have passed a Comprehensive Test in the concerned subject specifically conducted for the purpose by UGC or any agency duly constituted by the state government in this behalf. When qualifications are being equal, preference shall be given to those candidates who possess adequate knowledge in Malayalam. Note: (i) For PhD holders who have passed Masters Degree prior to
19.09.1991, 50% marks for Masters Degree shall be sufficient. (GO (MS) No 2/07/H.Edn Dated 4.1.2007)
(ii) Candidates who have obtained Ph.D Degree in the concerned subject are exempted from passing the NET examination.
(G.O.(MS)No.86/07/H.Edn dated 19.06.2007)
(iii) For recruitment to the above post, Degrees awarded by the Universities recognized by UGC alone shall be considered.
(iv) KS & SSR part II Rule 10(a)ii is applicable.