Gazette Date: 12/05/2016 - Last Date: 15/06/2016
Category No: 108/2016
IInd NCA NOTIFICATION
Applications are invited online only from qualified Scheduled Tribe Community candidates for selection to the following post. Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after 'ONE TIME REGISTRATION'. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their Profile. The photo uploaded through One Time Registration should be taken after
31.12.2010 and also bear the name of candidate and date of photo taken in the bottom of the photograph. The uploaded photo will be having a validity of ten years from the date of photograph taken. "If a Written/OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registeration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the examination."
1 Name of firm : Kerla State Road Transport Corporation.
2 Name of Post : Reserve Driver
3 Scale of pay : 3100-6685(P.R)
4 No.of vacancies : Scheduled Tribe 35 (Thirty Five) Note:1) The above vacancies are existing at present. The Ranked List published as per this notification will be valid until candidates are advised and appointed against the vacancies earmarked to the above community but remain unfilled due to the paucity of candidates during the currency of the Ranked List published on 14.06.2007 & 18.08.2014 for the post. This is the IInd NCA Notification published due to the non availability of candidates as per the notifications in the Gazette dated 31.12.2004(Category No. 278/2004) & Gazette dated 29.05.2009 (Category No. 204/2009) for the post. 2) The Kerala Public Service Commission shall have the power to cancel the advice for appointment of any candidate to the above post, if it is subsequently found that such advice was made under
some mistake. On such cancellation the appointing authority shall terminate the service of the candidate, provided that, the cancellation of advice for appointment by the Commission and subsequent termination of service of the candidate by the appointing authority shall be made within the period of probation or 240 days from the date of joining duty whichever is earlier.
5 Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment .(Candidates belonging from Scheduled Tribe Communitiy.) (In the absence of candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe community candidates
belonging to Scheduled Caste will be considered).
Note: Application submitted by Candidates other than Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste Communities will be summarily rejected. No rejection memo will be issued to such candidates.
6 Age :21-46(born between 02.01.1970 and 01.01.1995) (both dates included).
Note :1 The provisional hands working in the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation will be given age relaxation to the extent of their provisional service put in subject to a maximum of Five years from the upper age limit provided they are within the prescribed age limit on the date of their first appointment in the Corporation. But the regular employees of the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation are not eligible for the above concession for further appointment. The provisional hands should obtain certificate showing the period of their provisional service in the concern noting the commencement and termination of provisional service with the post held. It would also be clearly specified in the certificate that they were not working in the regular service of the corporation.
2. The retrenched employees of the Kerala Fisheries Corporation will be given age relaxation as stipulated in G.O.(Rt) No.1942/84/PW dated 31.12.1984 to the extent of their service subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall not exceed 50 years. These candidates will also be given preference in the matter of recruitment among other candidates with equal marks. These concessions will be available to the candidates only if they produce along with the application self attested true copies of the certificate obtained from the Managing Director, Kerala Fisheries Corporation Ltd to prove their length of service in the Company and the date of retrenchment.
3. Sub paras V, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI , XII and XIII in Para 2 and Paras 5,5a, 6, and 7 of the general conditions are not applicable to this post.
4. The other details regarding age relaxation are given in para 2 of the General conditions.
7. Qualifications:(1) Pass in Standard IV
2) Must possess a valid Motor Driving Licence with endorsement to drive Heavy Duty Vehicles and should have completed Seven (7) years after getting the driving licence with Three (3) years or more should be the period after taking Heavy Duty Vehicles Licence. Driving Licence issued after 16.01.1979 must have endorsements both for Heavy Goods and Heavy Passengers Vehicles and the application having licence with only one endorsement will be summarily rejected. (Vide amendment No.47/78 to the Motor Vehicles Act). Candidates shall possess a current valid Driving Licence throughout all the stages of selection process from the last date of receipt of application.
Note:(1) The conditions regarding the completion of seven years after getting the licence of which at least 3 years should be after taking Heavy Duty Vehicles Licence, is not applicable in the case of Exservicemen if they possess current Heavy Duty Vehicles Licence and Military Service for seven years as M.T. Driver.
(2) Proficiency in driving is to be proved by a practical test to be conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission during the course of selection. Ground Test (H Test) and Road Test will be conducted for the candidates as part of the practical mentioned above and only those who pass in Ground Test will alone be allowed to attend Road Test.
Physical Measurements:(i) Height – 158 cm (No relaxation to Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribes)
(ii) Chest (Normal)– 76 cm
(iii) Eye sight : Must possess the visual standards as specified below: Right Eye Left Eye
Distant Vision 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen Near Vision 0.5. Snellen 0.5. Snellen Each eye must have a full field of vision. Colour blindness, squint or any morbid conditions of the eyes or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification.
The medical certificate showing the above details of eye sight issued by an ophthalmologist who is in the government service must be produced when called for by the commission. Doubtful cases regarding the visual standards if any, will be transferred to the Medical Board to verify the same. The candidate must also produce a certificate of fitness from Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon Gr.II at the time of joining duty. Note: Physically Handicapped candidates are not eligible Note: Rule 10 (a)ii of Part II of KS&SSR is applicable.